LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (LPN) FULL-TIME, PART TIME AND PRN
Works under the direction of a qualified professional nurse; Participates in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care, within the objectives, standards and policies of the department and within the parameters of his or her preparation; Cooperates with the members of the nursing and medical staff and other hospital departments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides direct and individualized nursing care to an assigned group of patients under the supervision of a registered professional nurse, while maintaining the assurance of patient safety at all times and following unit and hospital policies and procedures.
- Assists in relevant health and psychiatric teaching for patient and family.
- Shares responsibility for the planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care plans and nursing care.
- Prepares, administers, and accurately records medications in accordance with the policy regarding the administration of medications.
- Observes, documents, and communicates/report with the RN in charge any clinical, physical, unit or personnel, or other issues which could alter patient care.
- Records information concisely, accurately, and completely.
- Other duties as assigned.
Graduation from an approved Licensed Practical Nursing Program; Licensed by the West Virginia Board of Examiners for Licensed Practical Nurses; Knowledge of and experience with psychotropic medications and medication administration procedures; Should possess relevant experience in psychiatric nursing, preferably in a multi-disciplinary setting.
Various shifts available.
MUST PASS DRUG SCREEN AND BACKGROUND CHECKS.
PLEASE SEND ALL RESUMES TO email@example.com.