Full-Time Registered Nurse
Works with a treatment team to assess and provide prescribed services for individuals with a psychiatric diagnosis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Administers medication and follows physician orders in consultation with psychiatrist in accordance with established hospital and licensing agency protocol.
• Maintains accountability of administration, recording, control, and security of medications, including narcotics and assures completion of Adverse Drug Reaction forms as necessary.
• Provides education/explanation to patients, families, and co-workers regarding medication usage/maintenance, common side effects, patients’ rights, as well as other topics necessary for optimal patient care
• Assures thorough, accurate documentation is completed for all patients on each shift and patient assignment sheets are completed daily and tasks are carried out as assigned.
• Communicates with families, guardians, advocates, and other outside agencies.
• Other duties as assigned.
Graduation from an approved/accredited school of nursing and WV Registered Nurse licensure. Relevant experience in psychiatric nursing, preferably in a multi-disciplinary setting. Knowledge of and experience with psychotropic medications.
PLEASE SEND ALL INTERNAL TRANSFER REQUESTS (form attached)
TO SHELLY HOWELL, HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST
Highland Hospital, Highland Health Center, and Process Strategies is an equal opportunity employer.