PRE-TEEN RESIDENTIAL SERVICES (PRTF)
FULL-TIME POSITION (non-exempt)
Works with a treatment team to assess and provide prescribed services for individuals with a psychiatric diagnosis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administers medication and follows physician orders in consultation with psychiatrist in accordance with established hospital and licensing agency protocol.
- Maintains accountability of administration, recording, control, and security of medications, including narcotics and assures completion of Adverse Drug Reaction forms as necessary.
- Provides education/explanation to patients, families, and co-workers regarding medication usage/maintenance, common side effects, patients’ rights, as well as other topics necessary for optimal patient care
- Assures thorough, accurate documentation is completed for all patients on each shift and patient assignment sheets are completed daily and tasks are carried out as assigned.
- Communicates with families, guardians, advocates, and other outside agencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Graduation from an approved/accredited school of nursing and WV Registered Nurse licensure. Relevant experience in psychiatric nursing, preferably in a multi-disciplinary setting. Knowledge of and experience with psychotropic medications.
PLEASE SEND ALL RESUMES
TO SHELLY HOWELL, HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST